The Vibrant Streets DC Forum, the first in a series of four quarterly forums, will dive deeper into one area of the Vibrant Streets Toolkit, “retail-appropriate.” The forum will give attendees the opportunity to learn from Streetsense’s Director of Interior Architecture, Alex Crawford, about how small storefront design changes can make a big impact on customer attraction, and, ultimately, the strength of a vibrant street. AIA Potomac Valley is pleased to be a partner in presenting the Vibrant Streets series. APA has also partnered with Vibrant Streets to provide 1.0 AICP Continuing Education credit; click here for more information.
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to assess the safety, sustainability and commercial viability of building storefronts based on the Vibrant Streets methodology — incorporating grading criteria based on site location, design, construction materials, land use and building systems.
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to distinguish between building storefronts based on this grading criteria (site location, design, construction materials, land use, etc.) to determine whether a site or street is retail appropriate and safe enough for continued development.
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to select building storefront materials and construction processes contributing to measurable gains in 1) perceived safety; 2) enhanced consumer experience and positive emotional response; 3) increased sales/economic performance; 4) reduced energy usage and cost-savings; and 5) occupant health and comfort.
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to implement adaptive legal, pre-design, design and material changes to retail storefronts to attract additional customers, eliminate perceived health/safety concerns, reduce energy expenditure, and improve overall performance.
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to successfully determine how to make key design decisions and changes to a storefront, including elements of signage, furniture, display materials, lighting, and more, to enhance the quality of a business and vibrant retail street.
Thank you to Platinum Sponsor Landscape Forms and Silver Sponsors Lighting Environments and BroCoLoco for helping to make this forum possible.