- 2014 Topaz Medallion for Excellence in Architectural Education Jan 13, 2014[…]
- 2014 Honor Award Recipients Announced Jan 9, 2014[…]
- 2014 Gold Medal Recipient Nov 13, 2013[…]
The AIA Potomac Valley Chapter Design Awards Competition is designed to encourage and recognize distinguished architectural achievement; to honor the architectural team, their clients and consultants who work together to improve the built environment; to demonstrate the breadth of services architects provide; and to raise public consciousness of the Architect’s role in shaping the quality of life through design excellence. The awards program is established to recognize excellence in design and planning. Consequently, the awards program honors the full range of quality work completed or designed by eligible members of the AIA Potomac Valley Chapter.
The entries are blind-judged by an outside jury of AIA architects. In 2013, we assembled our first nationwide jury, which met virtually to assess dozens of entries. The distinguished jurors were selected from a national pool and represent diversity in regions and approaches to architecture:
• Larry Scarpa, AIA Brooks + Scarpa Architects, Los Angeles, CA
• Roy Decker, AIA, Duval Decker Architects, Jackson, MS
• Marlon Blackwell, AIA, Marlon Blackwell Architects, Fayetteville, AK
• Warren Schwartz, AIA, Schwartz Silver Architects, Boston, MA. (Chair)
Click the links below to see award winners and entries from previous years. The Call for Entries for 2014 will be posted in late spring 2014.
(All entries submitted to the 2013 competition may be viewed here.)